How to Care for Your New Cabinets in Mankato
New cabinets make for a beautiful bathroom or kitchen renovation. At Messner Builders, Inc., we know that you want your new cabinets in Mankato or Winthrop MN to last for a long time. In order for this to happen, there are some steps you will need to follow in caring for them.
- Keep the curtains and blinds closed when the cabinets are in direct sunlight. Without paying attention to this, the colors and stains could fade more quickly than usual.
- Clean the surface of wooden cabinets in Winthrop MN and Cedar Mills immediately after splatter and spills. When the substances are allowed to sit for an extended period of time, they could discolor the cabinets and cause damage to the finish.
- Use a clean, lint-free cloth that is cotton when you are cleaning or dusting the cabinets. Dishcloths often contain detergents and grease that could damage the surface. Scouring pads, abrasive sponges and harsh detergents should never be used on a wooden cabinet. Messner Builders, Inc. recommends using a specific cabinet cleaner to get the oil, smoke film and kitchen grease off the cabinets.
- Always use exhaust fans, oven hoods and windows to deter the buildup of steam and moisture. This holds true for both the kitchen and the bathroom, and especially when boiling water is on the stove or someone is taking a shower.
- Inspect your cabinetry and surrounding areas for moisture and water buildup. Clean it up immediately if you notice any that is seeping into the wood, and check to see if there is a leak somewhere in your piping. If there is, have a plumber over right away to take care of it so it doesn’t cause more damage to the cabinetry.
- Have Messner Builders, Inc. repair any damaged cabinets when they become so. Immediate repairs help you to avoid deeper problems and an unsightly kitchen or bathroom.
By taking a little bit of time to care for your cabinets in Winthrop MN, or Mankato, you can have a beautiful bathroom or kitchen for many years. Contact Messner Builders, Inc. today to learn more about cabinet installation and care. Fill out our online form or give us a call at (507) 647-4446.